Monday, December 17, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Red Chinese Fist Salute Propaganda Video - Click here for the most popular videos
* In the opening scene, Denzel and partners are dousing someone in gasoline. The victim screams "Damn!" or something. The subtitles say: "what damn". Then "damn of mix Zhang".
* The movie's title scrolls across the screen: "AMERICAN GANGSTER". The subtitles say: "name of movie: the United States be".
* "Based on a true story". The subtitles say "reorganize from the true story".
* When the mentor gangster is distributing Thanksgiving turkeys from a truck, the subtitles say: "Thanks-giving Day happiness".
* 1968 - Harlem. The subtitles say: "1968 year black living quarters".
* As the mentor gangster distributes turkeys from the truck, the subtitles say: "give you".
There is more. But that's all for now.
One also receives updates from China Mobile in terms of welcoming you to a new city (say Shanghai) with weather reports, etc.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
So, I canceled the card.
Months later, got a notice of a credit of over US$140 on the card. No way on the hard copy to ask for the credit back (other credit card companies, upon cancellation, automatically mail you a check with the refund).
With this Bank of America credit card, however, the poor customer service was as follows:
- Refused to lower the interest rate.
- Fought me against cancellation.
- After cancellation, took 4 months to mail a notice of the credit.
- No way on the hard copy to ask for a check for the refund.
- I had to call the 800 number. No clear way to ask for a refund or speak to a human being.
- I then had to click on "report lost card" to get an option (FINALLY and counter-intuitively to have a refund check mailed which will take 7-10 days).
I will never bank with this horrible group again.
Saturday, October 06, 2007
Then again, if you want to experience foot-to-foot crowds as dense as in the planet Gideon in Star Trek, then by all means go to China during their holidays.
This photo says it all:
Monday, September 24, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Monday, September 10, 2007
Police don't seem to enforce traffic rules against these poor senior citizens - not sure if that is good or bad for society.
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
"Hot college babes hangout on cam at >> _______________ DOT com <<"
"Get a hot date at > __________________ . COM <"
Really getting sick of these...
Monday, September 03, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
The brand is called "Hei Mei" or "Little Dark Sister" -- I think this is a play on Darlie toothpaste...
I bring my own toothpaste to China. Toothpaste not made in China. Want to avoid any chance of brushing my teeth with diethylene glycol.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Tibetan independence activist blogging inside Beijing
The president of Students for a Free Tibet is in Beijing right now, exactly one year ahead of the 2008 Olympics, vlogging and blogging about Tibetan sovereignty and being a general pain in the ass to the Chinese government.
Lhadon Tethong's liveblogging experiment is incredibly ballsy or incredibly foolhardy, depending on how you look at it -- hard to imagine this lasting long before authorities arrest, extradite, or take some other action to stop the activity.
Apparently, she's already attracted a group of official government "escorts".
Incidentally, Ms. Tethong's uncle is the most senior advisor to H.H. the Dalai Lama.permalink | blogs' comments
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Saturday, July 07, 2007
In the summertime in the American South, fireworks are sold legally. Sales in stores and temporary roadside tents are particularly robust in the run up to July 4th. I found it interesting that this gas station was also selling flammable firecrackers.
Jim and I went there the other day and enjoyed burgers, fries and light beer. I took some photos.
Buster's has unique ceiling advertising:
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Mennonites, 一个新教徒宗教团体下降16 世纪再洗礼派教徒, 采取他们的名字从Menno Simons, 荷兰天主教教士被转换成再洗礼派教徒信念, 适度领导, 在狂热再洗礼派教徒王国好战的剩余以后 Munster (1534 年- 35), 恢复了平衡对运动。 他是活跃的在荷兰和并且开发了一以下在Holstein 里和沿更低的莱茵河和波罗地。
Mennonites 拒绝了婴儿洗礼, 发誓誓言, 兵役, 和属于世间的性质。 他们实践了强的教会学科在他们的会众和居住简单, 诚实, 爱恋的生活在最早期的基督徒的仿效。 由Dordrecht 坦白1632 年总结, Mennonite 神学原则强调圣洁精神的直接影响对心脏信徒和圣经的重要, 以救世它的消息通过基督的存在的神秘经验在心脏。
由于Mennonites 拒绝承担状态办公室, 担当警察或战士, 或立下忠诚宣誓, 他们被认为了颠覆和当这样严厉地迫害了。 这些迫害在不同时候导致了Mennonite 小组的移出: 对美国殖民地(1683), 他们定居了在宾夕法尼亚的地方; 到俄国 (1788); 并且, 在20 世纪, 从俄国和北美洲向拉丁美洲。 在欧洲他们逐渐获取了宽容措施在荷兰, 瑞士, Palatinate, 和北德国。
在新世界Mennonites 分支入几个派别, (老) Mennonite 教会- 仍然最大- 是父母小组。 其它小组包括全体会议Mennonite 教会和Mennonite 教友教会。 Amish 教会, 被命名对于Jacob Ammann, 17 世纪瑞士Mennonite 主教, 遗骸的岛屿和保守。 旧秩序安曼人避免现代技术在种田和制造, 穿戴老被塑造的衣物由勾子紧固和眼睛代替按钮, 崇拜在私有家, 和继续讲德国英国混合物(宾夕法尼亚荷兰语) 。 保守的安曼人不同只在英国和主日学的他们的收养。 教会一起见面一次每6 年在Mennonite 世界会议。 美国Mennonites 主要地居住在宾夕法尼亚, 俄亥俄, 印第安纳, 和堪萨斯。重大数字并且住在加拿大。
Monday, May 28, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Note that this firm is open to commercial cooperation as well (leveraging their metrics / base below, advertising).
Some of the metrics surrounding the firm include the following:
* A registered user base of over 2,000,000 subscribers in China and Asia with up to 10,000,000 non-subscribing users.
* Over 10,000,000 page views a day.
* 100,000 amateur artists in China.
* Over 800,000 music fan bloggers.
Boyd R. Jones
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
Monday, May 07, 2007
Friday, May 04, 2007
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Friday, April 27, 2007
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Asking for executive summaries and .pdf files is met with blank stares and confusion by the masses of Chinese entrepreneurs looking for capital.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Here are some photos from a new "Focus Media"-like ad screen service in taxis in Shenzhen. Thankfully, one is able to hit a mute button...