So, I canceled the card.
Months later, got a notice of a credit of over US$140 on the card. No way on the hard copy to ask for the credit back (other credit card companies, upon cancellation, automatically mail you a check with the refund).
With this Bank of America credit card, however, the poor customer service was as follows:
- Refused to lower the interest rate.
- Fought me against cancellation.
- After cancellation, took 4 months to mail a notice of the credit.
- No way on the hard copy to ask for a check for the refund.
- I had to call the 800 number. No clear way to ask for a refund or speak to a human being.
- I then had to click on "report lost card" to get an option (FINALLY and counter-intuitively to have a refund check mailed which will take 7-10 days).
I will never bank with this horrible group again.